Saturday, January 15, 2011

Finally a Question! :)

{Note: Meet the Boutique is here to answer your boutique questions, kind of like "Ask Sally" or what not, but these are about Boutiques/Businesses}


Be sure to send in your questions via meet.the.boutique[at]gmail[dot]com :)

First off here's the question:
Here's a question for MTB, how do you say no to custom orders? Do you say no to custom orders? Do you have a limit? I would love to wake up every day and just make stuff. No rhyme or reason, just whatever comes to me. Etsy would be a good way to go for individual listings, but there's no customer interaction like with FB. I don't have time to create because I'm swamped/overwhelmed with custom orders. It's 2 am, but all of my ABSOLUTELY necessary orders for tomorrow are done. I'm having to stop orders next week so that I can work on taxes. I hate saying no to people, maybe other boutiques can help. Might make a good blog. Or did you already blog something like this?
Honestly, I have a problem saying "No" sometimes as well, BUT back to your question(s), you could either A) state it on your site, that you will no longer be accepting "custom" orders, but people can inspire {suggest ideas} you. :) B) You may always put a limit on how many you'd accept during a month of time, and that you have slots open if they'd like to purchase, but make sure that they are certainly interested. {pay before you make or deposit (something)} C) Put together color combinations, and show styles of what you do they can pick a color combination and the style, a little custom but not fully.

I totally hear you on having too many orders, and being overwhelmed! I've been there, so I get that! Etsy is definitely a great place to get the items you'd like to make sold :) definitely you should aim for Etsy for the individual listings and more!

But do what's best for you! These are just some suggestions, and Boutiques be sure to leave some feedback of what you think might help or what you would do! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!